IEBC has already started clearing the presidential candidates. They were 55 in total. IEBC has disqualified 11 of them from contesting in the August 9 polls after they failed to present their running mates by the stipulated deadline which was by May 16.
This was revealed by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) chairman Wafula Chebukati during a pre-nomination meeting where he stated that they failed to present the names by May 16. The race now leaves 44 aspirants waiting to be cleared.
Below is the list of the disqualified candidates.
1. Musalia Mudavadi – Amani National Congress.
2. Justin Muturi – Democratic Party. He is the speaker of the National Assembly.
3. Lengala David William – Jirani Mzalendo Party.
4. Ndekerere Joseph Kundu – independent
5. Katoni Benjamin Kevin Ndambuki – independent
6. Nyagoko Jacob Oanda – independent
7. Aoko Benard Ongir – independent
8. Odhiambo Kevin Onyango – independent
9. Ngechu Moses Gichuki – independent
10. Mbugua Benson Mwaura – independent
11. Kihuha Esther Waringa – independent.
Hon. Musalia Mudavadi of ANC and Hon. Justin Muturi of DP had intentions of vying for the presidential seat. They had already submitted their names before they joined Kenya Kwanza. That is why they did not submit the names of their running mate since they are now supporting William Somoei Ruto.
Rodgers Kipembe, a young politician from Meru county, is getting attention courtesy of his…